Sports for School - Olympic Ambassador
We are delighted with the huge support received by school following our sponsored sports day with Cassie Patten, GB Olympic swimmer. To date we have raised over £1500 from our parents.
Gem's Dance school
As part of an after school club, Year 1,2,3 have taken part in a dance class in the infant school hall.
They were able to showcase their talent during a whole school assembly.
Springwood get Gold!
As part of our ongoing sporting achievements, we have achieved gold against the Hampshire school games criteria for 2016/2017.
To make sure as many people as possible are playing sport, the government is:
- funding Sport England, to help community sports grow, including helping 14- to 25-year-olds to keep playing sport throughout their lives
- expanding the School Games programme to increase opportunities for more young people to play competitive sport
- spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years from 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016.
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For a breakdown about how we have and are using the funding, please open and read the statement below.
Springwood has been working hard in PE sessions to support and develop our pupils into young athletes. They have developed many skills including co-ordination, balance and agility. The pupils have been challenging themselves to achieve their personal best as well as cheering and supporting their peers. At Springwood we like to give our pupils' the opportunity to compete in Sporting Festivals. These develop children's self esteem and celebrates their participation in Physical Education. See how much fun our children have when taking part in these festivals.