To make sure as many people as possible are playing sport, the government is:
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
For a breakdown about how we have and are using the funding, please open and read the statement below.
Springwood setting sights for Bronze
We are currently awaiting the application of our Hampshire Bronze Sports mark.
- Provided 2 hours of physical activity to all students per week.
- Provided a program of 'out of hours' PE such as Breakfast and lunchtime clubs.
- Held a competitive sports day.
- Engaged a greater number of children through sporting events.
- Given opportunities for children to be 'sporting leaders'.
- Provided information regarding our sporting events and competitions.
Our Sporting aspirations for 2016/2017:
- Allowing for a greater range of sporting abilities by entering more teams into competitive competitions.
- Provide a greater range of extracurricular sporting activities in school and during lunch time.
- Enhance the role of playground leaders, allowing them more provision to support sport in school.